Today almost everything in our lives is dependent upon computers (even toilets sometimes) and with time passing computers have become an important part of our lives. We are stepping into a computer dominated world as time passes by.
“I think everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer because it teaches you how to think.” – Steve Jobs
Now here’s the ugly part, even though we are surrounded by computers in our day to day life very few people really know about coding or know how to write code. Just imagine that, we’re in 2016, it’s the age of the computers and we can’t write code.
What’s great about programming / coding is that you don’t need to go to some kind of college or school to learn it, there’s plenty of stuff on the internet already that’s pretty much enough to get you started. Also coding is something that everyone can learn, whether you’re just a student (like me), or a man with a job or even retired you can learn to code.
Here are some of the reasons why you should learn to code.
- Coding is fun. That probably is one of the best reasons to learn to code. It simply is fun. Whether you code to earn or just as a hobby you’ll enjoy writing code.
- The software industry is one of the most popular and fastest growing industry in the world. Including that it also requires a huge number of employees which will not be over populated any time soon.
- Coding has a vast and diverse area. You can choose whatever kind of coding you want to do, be it web-developing, software developing, machine developing or whatever. That further is diverse in a sense that you can either do front-end developing or back-end developing.
- You don’t need to work for someone. As weird as it sounds, it’s true, in the coding profession you don’t always need to work for someone to earn a decent amount of money. If you have the proper skills and creativity you can just go on as a freelance developer and build webapps, Android apps, iOS apps and much more for a living. You might even be able to start your own company.
- Coding makes you smart. Coding is all about logic. If you code continuously you’ll end up improving your problem solving, analytic and reasoning abilities. You will be able to structure data and analyze data more efficiently in your mind. You may not realize it but it happens.
- The world will always need coders so you don’t need to worry about not getting a job.
- Coders earn huge bucks. The salary may range from as little as $20,000 to $150,000 depending upon your skills. A Data Scientist earns the most.
- A huge diversity of languages. There are a LOT of programming languages out there that you can learn, depending upon your needs. Also you can pretty easily find support on the internet for your coding problems too since the community of programmers in probably the largest on the internet.
And there are even more reasons why you should learn how to code, the list is ever lasting. If you’re still reading and want to get started with coding here are some of the resources that can help you.
- W3Schools.com – Mainly for web developers
- Codecademy.com – An awesome place to learn programming
- Code.org – Another place where you can learn to code
- Udemy.com – The complete web developer course
- Treehouse.com – Bored? Learn to code at Treehouse.
Last but the best is Google. Really whenever you encounter a problem or want to research something about a language and you can’t find it on any specific website just google it, you’ll probably find your answer. Another place to look for help with coding is stackoverflow.com, which is an active community of developers ready to help you on the go.
Some of the languages you can get started with right now: HTML, CSS, Python, Java, php etc.
Which coding language do you plan to master? Comment below.
Source: Areeb Beigh (My Blog)