The evolution of technology brings a lot of advantages but also some disadvantages. Hacking tools are becoming easier to get and use, everything that’s connected to a network can be hacked, every system has vulnerabilities so “No system is safe”, but you can always follow some security measures that i will provide at the end of this article to help you secure your system.
This vulnerability is very common, the lack of maintenance of attention to the security configurations of the website can result in vulnerabilities that can help attackers to get into your system.
Injection of a malicious script that allows access or corrupts files on the database.
Cross Site Scripting (XSS)
Injection of code to target an user, it will allow hackers to execute malicious scripts in the victim’s browser or system which can steal users information and sessions, modify websites so that users are scammed with fake advertisements or redirect pages to malicious sites.
When authentication credentials and session information are not protected an attacker can steal active sessions and steal the identity of the user.
- Always update your software (wordpress/joomla, plugins, components, security software, etc.);
- If certain software isn’t constantly patched by their company stop using it and find a new application to use;
- Make a weekly or monthly plan to update the software;
- Use HTTPS connections;
- Don’t copy-paste code, if you need to do it, analyze it first very carefully;
- Always change the default passwords and make them as complex as possible;
- Encrypt all the sensitive data, choose a strong algorithm to encrypt and hash all the passwords.