My name is Ben Potter. I am a student, programmer, water polo player and Instagrammer. I run the account @codingpics on Instagram, which is a collection of programming jokes and resources.
Onto the Q&A:
- Favorite application phone &/or desktop
Slack. It makes communication for projects & communities easy and productive.
- Favorite tech item
My mechanical keyboard has to be my favorite tech item. It’s so satisfying to use and makes typing fun.
- Most frequented website ?
I feel like all web developers would have the same answer to this question: Stack Overflow definitely. 😂
- Must have device ?
A phone. Through my Instagram accounts, I’ve been able to meet some amazing developers and students, and even make some money! It’s crazy how such a small device can open a huge world of opportunities.
- Must have software ?
Spotify, Slack, PuTTY, AquaSnap.
- Favorite OS phone ? Android
- How were you introduced into coding?
My uncle is an artist and a programmer. He would show me his work when I was young, and I always aspired to be able to create my own software.
- At what age did you start coding?
I started programming in about 4th grade (about 10 years old) when I wanted to create a social network for the kids in my school. I used this social network script called elgg, and even made some of my own PHP plugins.
Wow that’s so cool!
- What’s your plan? Go to uni? Major in?
My plan is to go to a 4-year university (my #1 is MIT, but it’s kind-of a stretch) and major in Computer Science/Software Engineering.
That’s awesome! I hope you get in 🙂
- What languages do you currently work in?
NodeJS, PHP, Python, and Java are the main languages I’m working with now.
- What editor do you use ?
Atom and vi
- Go to snack when coding ? Oreos
- Track-pad or mouse ? Mouse
- Touch or mechanical keyboard ?
Mechanical, of course.
- Standing or sitting desk ?
Right now I use a sitting desk, but down the road, I may switch.
- Coffee / tea / soda / water ?
Coffee, but not daily.
- Chrome or Firefox ? Chrome
- Music or silence ? Music
- eBooks or text books ? Textbooks
- Video or documentation ?
Thorough documentation, not just two demos 😂
I hope you enjoyed this weeks episode (if you did hit the ❤), please click here to read the previous ones.