This weeks participant is Brandy aka @MsBrandyMorgan
Brandy is a developer, designer, and doer who could out hustle Jay-z. Her work has received recognition and acclaim from Awwwards. Brandy has been featured in Glamour magazine alongside other female innovators in tech, for her work on social media for paving the way for other female developers. If she isn't coding or creating content you can find her running laps around the beautiful lakes of Winter Park, FL or sipping espresso at the local coffee shops.
Onto the Q&A:
- Favorite application phone &/or desktop
– slack — It is probably my most used, it is the best way to communicate with different teams.
- Favorite tech item – iPhone
- Most frequented website – Youtube
- Must have device
– macbook pro — I love my laptop ️ 🖥
- Must have software
– VS code, 1password, Toggl, iMessage, Slack, Spotify
- Favorite OS phone – iOS
- You’re married to a programmer (lucky you) how does that feel ?
– Amazing. We are best friends, who work together, code together and get to dream together. He is a programmer by trade but he is also a very savvy business owner. It is a great feeling knowing someone always has my back and best interest in mind.
- Do your’l help each other programming or ?
– Yes, if we get stuck on something and need another set of eyes we will look at each others work. Josh really helped me when I was starting out, he is a great programmer and an excellent teacher.
- You recently started working from home, mention one pro- con:
Con: I get easily distracted but that is getting better the more I work remote.
Pro: I don’t have to waste time driving to an office.
- Favorite Back-end language ?
- What editor do you use ? VS code
- Go to snack when coding:
clementines and seaweed
- Track-pad or mouse ?
– Both depends what I am doing. When I am programming I prefer a mouse, but when I am editing videos I prefer track pad,
- Touch or mechanical keyboard ? – Touch
- Standing or sitting desk ?
– I have a standing desk. Highly recommend to anyone on in our profession because it takes pressure off your back. BUT if you prefer sitting I would recommend getting a leg sling for under your desk to rest your feet, that also takes pressure off your back.
- Coffee / tea / soda / water ?
– Coffee in the morning, tea at night, water and La Croix all day long!
- Chrome or Firefox ? – Chrome
- Music or silence ?
– Depends what I am doing. If I am coding I prefer music but if I am writing content I need silence or some sort of white noise.
- eBooks or text books ? – I love audible books!
- Video or documentation ?
– Both. I think if you are learning something new you NEED to read the docs first and foremost and then go find some videos to help explain the concepts that still don’t make sense
I hope you enjoyed this weeks episode (if you did hit the ❤), please click here to read the previous ones.